ABOUT GOVERNMENT SECRETARIAL SCHOOL
The Government Secretarial School was established in 1952 at Cantonments, Accra, by the then British Colonial government of the Gold Coast under the governorship of Lord Listowel. The school was established as part of the Africanisation policy to train high calibre secretarial staff for the civil service and other public sector organizations. The first Principal was Miss Alice Morgan, an European professional secretary. The school started with three female students.
The training was for duration of three months and comprised of Shorthand, Typing and English Language. In 1957 the enrolment increased to 40 students made up 10 young men and 30 women. Since its establishment, the school has trained students from other African countries including Uganda, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Kenya, Swaziland, Tanzania, Gambia, Cameroon and South Africa.
Apart from training students from other African countries, the school has also helped in the establishment of secretarial schools in other African countries including Zanzibar now part of Tanzania.
Over the years, the school has expanded and currently has five satellite campuses in Koforidua, Sekondi, Kumasi, Ho and Tamale.
The school is the oldest and largest service provider when it comes to secretarial training in Ghana with expert, professional and technical competence.
GOVERNMENT SECRETARIAL SCHOOL LOCATION
P. O. Box M49